Wednesday, December 16, 2009

17 times 5 plus 100 divided by 37 plus 13

Equals 18. Equals my new age.

I googled 'songs about turning 18'. Epic fail. I got Bryan Adams, Mario, Bow Wow. Bryan Adams sounds repetitive (standard), Mario sounds..shit, Bow Wow sounds alright, but just alright.

What on earth? Does becoming an adult, gaining the right to vote, the right to club entry, the right to alcohol purchase, not matter to anyone anymore?

The only one which stands out is 'Eighteen' by Alice Cooper. Alright, I got so confused cause i was expecting a woman, but a heavy rocker dude came up. And the video has mentally scarred me so that I find I can't really identify with that video...



I just looked up the lyrics. I do sorta identify with them. But argh! No songs whatsoever about turning 18?!

Anyway, today has not at all felt like my birthday. Just standard school day, and as soon as people get home, turn on FB and see that its my bday, I get a gazillion posts saying 'Ohmygad, I saw you so many times and you never mentioned it!' Well, it's not something I felt like boasting about.. I mean, as my friend NO said, birthdays are kinda anti-climactic.

Although I just realised, I can now buy drinks (WIN), get into clubs (WIN), vote (¬¬), oh and..become an adult. (wail in despair). But the first two are good enough. Except I don't even have a provisional licence and I'm not prepared to bring out my passport, so I don't ACtually win. Boo.

The reason I don't feel the birthday vibe is most probably because my birthday party is in a week, and that's what's most defining my birthday these days. Perhaps I was a bit of a noob for not mentioning it to anyone.

xxxx

No comments: