Tuesday, November 10, 2009

you can't bring us down: we're the best in town


They really are the best in town. Somewhere in Wales. But anyway I have not stopped listening to them since I saw them live at Reading '09. I knew 'Children of the Night' early this year, but seeing them really concretised my appreciation of their music. Their energy. their raw sound, their incredible explosion of emotion - this combination is the kind of thing that makes me want to get into screamo/heavier rock.

So I was randomly looking for an mp3 file to download so that I could put it onto this blog for y'all to listen to. And I ventured onto their myspace and found out about this. Look specifically at Nov 20th. Just, omg. The two Welsh giants (for me) together, on a Friday night. (King Blues are ok, but not the most important here). But erm..£40.00... I know it's for all three bands, but come on...

Then, I found this. Even more ARGH factor for me. But this one's a bit more of a no-go for me cause it's closer to exam time. Oh, and so is Lostprophets' London tour date. BLEURGH

Anyway here's for your auditory enjoyment. The belting out of 'you - can't bring us down: WE'RE THE BEST IN TOWN' is one of my favourite bits to sing in the whole of musical existence.


'STFUppercut' - The Blackout

xxxx

p.s. you know you've got good choons when my toddler sister can sing along, 'we are the children of the night, we are the childreeeen...'

No comments: